[RFCI-Discuss] dsn.rfc-ignorant.org works, but...

Rhialto rfci-discuss@megacity.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:55:54 +0200

On Thu 04 Apr 2002 at 18:07:47 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> DAMN the false positives.
> DAMN the admins fixing it, but not asking for being delisted.

Indeed. There is a certain domain which came to my attention because an
acquantance sent me mail from it and it bounced due to being listed in
postmaster.rfci. Since then, mail to postmaster at that domain does not
bounce anymore, but neither seems it to be read (properly). I conclude
this from the fact that I sent mail - to that postmastr - telling them
to get themselves delisted, and how. This is the most obvious check to
see if postmaster mail is really being dealt with. But they are still
listed, and of course I am not going to ask for a delisting on their
behalf, since in my opinion they are still broken (although not
detectable with the normal check for a bounce).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@     --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ xs4all.nl --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp